Silent Devotion
the way her hands fit
along the seams of my heart,
like a tailored glove, suits me
fine. the way our mouths
light up at night, glancing back
at the metal moon thinking,
"how did I deserve this?"
never really expressing how
I must've been born lucky
or fulfilled my karmic duty
in a past life, silent devotion
stripping me of my actual love,
leaving behind a bitter shell,
one that doesn't speak when
everything is on the line, watching
her lose interest, saying only,
"talk to me, what's wrong?"
the hardest thing I do
is not answer.
and the fights will happen,
little things that could've been
avoided, if only I hadn't taken
my vow of silent sabotage
at birth, realizing that it's the only
thing keeping me together anymore
-- devotion to my own fucking idiocy.
vast and expansive, a Rubicon
of emptiness that I cannot cross
without her love.
as she turns to leave, I
break my vow of silence.
finally saying, "if you decide
to go -- I won't stop you."
this is a really sweet one. I mean I like the imagery. I can put myself there with the two of you and walk through your words as I read them.
ReplyDelete